The exotic pet service at Central Hospital for Animals provides primary and specialty care for a wide range of avian and exotic animals including birds, exotic mammals, reptiles, amphibians, and pocket pets.
- Diagnosis and treatment of dental disease in rabbits and rodents
- Diagnosis and treatment of upper and lower respiratory tract disease in rabbits
- Medical and surgical treatment of adrenal gland disease in ferrets
- Medical and surgical treatment of birds for chronic egg laying
- Medical and surgical treatment for reptiles with follicular or egg stasis
- Surgical treatment of fractures in birds, exotic mammals, and reptiles
- Diagnosis and treatment of bladder stones in rabbits, guinea pigs, lizards, and chelonians
- Diagnosis and treatment of birds with medical or behavior feather destruction tendencies
Our experienced veterinarians offer the latest diagnostic and treatment techniques in a state-of-the-art facility. Dr. Kim Talley, Dr. Ellen McNitt, and Dr. Sandy Kayne currently accept appointments at our Carbondale, Herrin, and Marion facilities.